Feeds:
Posts
Comments

Archive for March, 2011

The Verdict

I just received a phone call from our social worker and it seems that the potential birth mother chose another family for her baby. We are relieved to know that a decision has been made and that we have a little more time to prepare for baby #2. God knows the perfect baby and perfect situation for our family, and I look forward to see how He continues to orchestrate the story of our second adoption. Thank you all for your prayers and for walking on this journey with us!

Read Full Post »

Due to a scheduling change…

….our profile book was actually shown to the potential birth mother last night. I was also told that it could take 1-2 days or 1-2 weeks for her to make a decision. It is, of course, a very important and often difficult decision, so I completely understand her taking her time.

So, we will continue to wait to hear one way or another. If we’re chosen, we’ll have to move into high gear as the baby’s due April 1st. If we’re not chosen, then we take a deep breath and wait for the next situation to come along.

Read Full Post »

Prayers for Tomorrow

Aaron and I have decided to have our book shown to a potential birth mother tomorrow. We feel at peace with our decision, but realize if we are chosen, that things will happen very quickly (she’s due April 1st).

Please pray for God’s will to be done and that the baby we are to have will be placed in our arms at just the right time!

Read Full Post »

Adventures in Domestic Adoption

At 10:30AM on Friday morning, sitting at the table with Elijah while he was coloring with markers, the phone rang. It was our adoption social worker. She had a “situation” (which is adoption language for a potential baby) that she wanted to share with us.

Now, in most situations we are not called prior to our profile book being shared. But when there are sensitive issues in the “situation” then social workers call to make sure you’re o.k. with having your book shown.

She proceeded to share the situation. The issues within the situation are sensitive, so I’m not going to share them at this time, but the baby is healthy. We have the weekend to make the decision whether or not to have our book shown…..so we’re still deciding.

THEN, at 9:30PM on Friday, the social worker called again. She apologized for calling so late AND for presenting yet another situation for us to consider. This situation had a lot more issues and the due date for this baby was this past THURSDAY!!! In other words, the situation was quite time sensitive.

Based on the details of this second situation, we decided not to have our book shown. She did not find out she was pregnant until she was 7 months pregnant, and there were 7 months (every other weekend) of alcohol usage and smoking throughout the pregnancy. There were also some other factors that played into our decision as well.

Needless to say, we could have a baby in a few weeks or a few months, but the drama will continue until “baby Graham” is in our arms….

Read Full Post »